Vice President, Commercial EMEA
Zephyrus Aviation Capital Limited
Job Title: Vice President, Commercial EMEA
Start Date: Q3 2021
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Zephyrus Aviation Capital is an aircraft leasing and trading company that focuses on in-production aircraft in the young to mature stage of their lifecycle. We strive to consistently add value and be a trusted partner within the commercial aviation industry. Accordingly, we aim to add team members with a demonstrated track record and who share this vision.
For this role, the ideal candidate is a seasoned aircraft leasing industry executive with deep commercial relationships and a drive and desire to originate transactions and manage client relationships in a high growth, fast-paced, start-up environment.
Description of Role and Responsibilities
- Perform airline marketing and relationship management duties, including account management, lease administration, workout, prospecting, and acquisition opportunities for growth aircraft or the placement of aircraft from the Company’s portfolio under direction from the Chief Commercial Officer;
- Establish and foster airline customer relationships across the responsible territory. This will involve significant travel in the region and gaining an understanding of the political, economic, and competitive landscape in all countries where the Company conducts or intends to conduct business;
- Lead the transaction (LOI through lease negotiation) and deal flow management for airline opportunities in the responsible territory;
- Draft and present board and transaction approval documents;
- Provide a keen risk management assessment of customers and prospects within the responsible territory;
- Represent the Company at industry events and conferences;
- Conduct and present industry research, analysis and reporting.
Educational Qualifications/Work Experience Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience in an airline marketing and relationship management role within a commercial aircraft lessor, or an equal amount of time in a senior fleet planning role within an airline;
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in Business, Finance, Marketing, Engineering or Aerospace;
- Immediately eligible to work in the EU, and specifically Ireland;
- Proficient in the technical characteristics of western-built commercial aircraft and engines;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships through positive and negative situations;
- Proactive, solutions-oriented, and forward-thinking self-starter;
- Team player with the ability to manage people and processes effectively;
- Substantial negotiation experience with proven results;
- Experience leading a deal team through multiple successful LOI and lease negotiations.
Desired Characteristics/Additional Competencies
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Adobe skills;
- Fluency in languages other than English is desired;
- Excellent presentation skills in formal and informal settings;
- Prudent and balanced risk/reward-oriented approach to opportunities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Acute attention to details with a commitment to excellence and high standards;
- Strong planning/organization skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications, together with their resume, to HR@zacap.aero.
APPLICATIONS DUE BY: 07 May 2021
Zephyrus Aviation Capital Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and aims to foster a genuine culture of equality.