AVP – Financial Accountant
Job Title: AVP – Financial Accountant
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reports to: Financial Controller
Zephyrus Aviation Capital is an aircraft and engine leasing and trading company that focuses on in-production aircraft in the young to mature stage of their lifecycle. We strive to consistently add value and be a trusted partner within the commercial aviation industry and look to add team members who share this vision.
Description of Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the directors and service providers, which includes detail of collections for each aircraft, anticipated expenses and portfolio updates;
- Liaise with service provider to ensure all reporting obligations are adhered to;
- Assist Financial Controller with cashflow forecasting, the annual budgetary process and board reporting;
- Manage the month-end process, including the preparation of monthly management accounts along with variance analysis and commentary;
- Lead the annual audit process, including preparation of single entity and consolidated statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS (or other applicable accounting standards) within prescribed deadlines;
- Oversee accounts payable function, including review of output of AP Manager and third-party service provider;
- Prepare bi-monthly VAT returns;
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of new Sysco accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics 365);
- Provide accounting input, as required, to aircraft acquisitions, sales and new lease transactions;
- Prepare and manage any regulatory returns;
- Adhere to and improve internal processes and procedures;
- Attend to adhoc duties as required.
Job Specific Requirements
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CPA/CIMA) with 3+ years PQE;
- Strong technical knowledge, with an emphasis on IAS 16, IAS 36, IFRS 9 and IFRS 16;
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of tools (especially Excel);
- Team player;
- Financial services experience, aviation finance preferable.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to HR@zacap.aero
Applications due by: 25 March 2022
Zephyrus Aviation Capital Limited is an equal opportunities employer and aims to foster a genuine culture of equality.